List of T'ai Chi Chih Moves
The moves are gererally done in repetitions of 3 for most of the sideways moves
or 9 for those that go forward and backward plus for 2 of the sideways moves.
They are essentially done with the waist and wrists
while the rest of the body flows with the movement
and adjusts accordingly,
the spine remaining straight the whole time
and the gaze soft and forward.
While the moves are most often done standing,
there is also a seated form,
designed for those with physical challenges,
including students in wheelchairs.
1. Rocking Motion 11. Basic Pulling Taffy
2. Bird Flaps its Wings 12. Anchor Taffy Variation
3. Around the Platter 13. Wrist Circle Taffy
4. Around the Platter Variation 14. Perpetual Motion Taffy
5. Bass Drum 15. Working the Pulley
6. Daughter on the Mountain 16. Light at the Top of the Head
Light at the Temple
7. Daughter in the Valley 17. Joyous Breath
8. Carry the ball to the Side 18. Passing Clouds
9. Push Pull 19. Six Healing Sounds
10. Pulling in the Energy 20. Cosmic Consciousness Pose
Click HERE for copy of Stick Figure Images for # 1 - 8 Rocking Motion to Carry the Ball to the Side
Click HERE for copy of Stick Figure Images for # 9 - 12 Push Pull to Anchor Taffy Variation
Click HERE for copy of Stick Figure Images for # 13 -16 Wrist Circle Taffy to Light at the Top of Head/ at Temple
Click HERE for copy of Stick Figure Images for # 17- 20 Joyous Breath to Cosmic Consciousness Pose
With special thanks to Evangeline Bratt for providing the illustrations. They were shared as a handout at Conference several years ago.
Note: In the first three Pulling Taffy illustrations, the hands in the second last position are now meant to be more at waist level ...
and when the bottonm hands sweeps across, the other hand is actually now meant to be lower than pictured here ...